19.May.03 - Topics during the International Anarchist Meeting in Warsaw
Eastern European anarcha-feminist meeting
A unique chance for anarcha-feminists to meet and coordinate. Meant as an
open meeting/discussion, groups from around eastern europe (and elsewhere)
are welcome to come, tell a little bit about their projects and discuss
their experience. In addition, we'd like to put a number of issues on the
agenda for discussion. If you have something you'd like to talk about, tell
us! We'd like to get some texts/ideas from people BEFORE the meeting so that
we can distribute them and other people can familiarize themselves with
certain issues beforehand. Among the ideas we've heard so far are:
- mixed groups or women-only groups
- do eastern european women have a different agenda
- forms of international cooperation
- the workers' movement for women
- fighting sexism in our own environment/ movement (subtle and not so
- is the EU going to improve women's situation - or not?
Anti-sexism: theory and practice
For beginners and especially for men. Same format as above. Discussion of
the dynamics of gender. Experiences in fighting sexism. Experiences of mens
and mixed groups, queer groups and gender benders.
The free software movement
Software resistance? Of course! A bit about the movement plus seminar with
Free Software Seminar - Main topics of discussion:
- freedom of information and traditions of free software developers;
- free software and free education: experience from Minsk Linux community;
- beginners intro to free software:
- source code and what you wanna do with it;
- Linux, Mozilla, Apache and other free projects;
- what's inside of Unix-like systems and how to use it;
- organization of development in large free project, by example of Debian
Any suggestions on desired topics and amount of information are most
Ideas and strategies for organizing. Find out who's doing what and how we
may be able to help each other.
Presentation of groups/ initiatives and discussion.
- Workers' Rights in Different Eastern European Countries
- The Attack on the Labour Code
- What European Integration means for workers. (In the EU, future EU and
outside the EU.)
- International Image Pollution Campaigns
Put your issue on the agenda! Write us and make your suggestions!
Computers for sabotage and resistance
Strategies from around the world. No-Borders campaigns, anti-job.ru, fax
bombs, do-it-yourself media.
Presentations followed by open discussion.
Eastern european networking
The title speaks for itself. We also expect guests from almost all
networking projects - from alter-ee, to Abolishing the Borders from Below...
even the defunct Neither East Nor West may come back to life at this
Bring material for exhibits.
We would also like to make a virtual exhibit on our web pages! We need help
with this but we think it's time the alter-ee page got a SERIOUS makeover.
This can last for many years as a monument to all your hard work and
activism so do contact us about this. During the conference we would like
people to be able to access info about all the initiatives and people who
may be there.
The campaign against the EU and border politics
The issues in the campaign against the EU. Information about the EU from
Laure A (and friends).The anti-EU campaign in Bialystok and elsewhere.
Fortress Europe and border politics in the East. Presentations followed by
- The economic agenda of the EU
- The EU and food politics
- The EU and supergovernmental rule
- The Acquis Communitaire
[back to top]